Area Aptitude Test Paper 5
21) A 20 m long, and 15 m broad hall is surrounded by a verandah with a uniform width of 2.5 m. Find the cost of flooring the verandah at Rs. 3.50 per square meter.
Length of the hall = 20 m,
Breadth of hall = 15 m,
Area of hall = L x B = 20 x 15 = 300 m2
Length of hall with verandah = 20 + 2.5 + 2.5 = 25 m,
Breadth of hall with verandah = 15 + 2.5 + 2.5 = 20 m,
Area of hall with verandah = 25 x 20 = 500 m2
Area of verandah = area of hall with verandah – area of hall
= 500 – 300 = 200 m2
Cost of flooring the verandah is Rs. 3.50 per square meter.
So, the cost of flooring the entire verandah = 3.50 * 200 = Rs. 700
22) The height of a room to its semi-perimeter is 2: 5. It costs Rs. 260 to paper the walls of the room with paper 50 cm wide at Rs. 2 per meter allowing an area of 15 cm2 for doors and windows. The height of the room is
- 2.6 m
- 3.9 m
- 4 m
- 4.2 m
23) The area of a rectangular plot is increased by 30% and its width remains as it was before. What will be the ratio between the area of the new rectangle and the original rectangle?
- 10: 3
- 13: 10
- 7: 3
- Data inadequate
Let the length and breadth of the rectangular plot be x and y respectively.
24) If the wheel of an engine of a train 4meters in circumference makes seven revolutions in 4 seconds, what is the speed of the train?
- 25 km/hr
- 27 km/hr
- 30 km/hr
- 35 km/hr
Circumference of a circle =
25) If the height of a triangle is decreased by 40% and its base is increased by 40%. What will be the effect on its area?
- No change
- 16% increase
- 8% increase
- 16% decrease
Let x is the base and h is the height of the triangle.
Area Aptitude Test Paper 2
Area Aptitude Test Paper 3
Area Aptitude Test Paper 4
Area Aptitude Test Paper 6
Area Aptitude Test Paper 7
Area Aptitude Test Paper 8